The Classics Club
"The Classics Club is a club created to inspire people to read and blog about classic books. There’s no time limit to join and you’re most welcome, as long as you’re willing to sign up to read and write on your blog about 50+ classic books in at most five years. The perk is that, not only will you have read 50+ incredible (or at the very least thought-provoking) works in five years, you’ll get to do it along with all of these people. Join us! We’re very friendly."
>>> So my plan is to read from 50 to 200 Book (Classic & Classical novels, Plays, Poems and short stories) in the next five years and blog about them...
I know it's going to be bloody hard but why not reading at 10 classics a year which shall take a life time to end my 200 so let it be more; just more.
I pray not to fail reading my list because it will be my first time to real classic's original full text.
Here is my list (which I shall be dividing upon era):
- Sense and Sensibility -Jane Austen.
- Bleak House- Charles Dickens.
- Madame Bovary-Gustave Flaubert.
- Les Miserables -Victor Hugo.
- Peter Pan- J.M. Barrie
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles- Thomas Hardy.
- Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde.
- Northanger Abbey- Jane Austen
- The Phantom of the Opera- Gaston Leroux.
- The Age of Innocence-Edit Wharton
- Villette- Charlotte Bronte
- Agnes Grey-Anne Bronte
- Mary Poppins- P.L. Travers.
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle- Shirley Jackson
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde- Robert Louis Stevenson
- Gulliver’s Travels- Jonathan Smith
- The House of Mirth- Edith Wharton
- Persuasion- Jane Austen
- A Room With A View- Virginia Woolf
- Mansfield Park- Jane Austen
- Nicholas Nickleby- Charles Dickens
- Vanity Fair- William Makepeace Thackery
- Dracula- Bram Stoker.
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- Louisa May Alcott – Little Women
- William Shakespeare– Hamle
- Aeschylus – The Oresteia
- Aesop – Aesop’s Fables
- Anonymous – Beowulf
- Anonymous – The Epic of Gilgamesh
- Anonymous – The Song of Roland
- Anonymous – The Arabian Nights
- Bunyan, John – Pilgrim’s Progress
- Cervantes, Miguel de – Don Quixote
- Chaucer, Geoffrey – The Canterbury Tales
- Confucius– The Analects
- Dante – The Divine Comedy
- Homer – The Iliad & – The Odyssey
- Marlowe, Christopher – Doctor Faustus
- Milton, John – Paradise Lost
- Wilde, Oscar – The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays
- Tolstoy, Leo – War and Peace
- Tolstoy, Leo – Anna Karenina
Tolkien, J.R.R. – The Hobbit.
- Tolkien, J.R.R. –The Lord of the Rings (trilogy).
- Collins, Wilkie – The Woman in White
- Lewis Carroll- Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass